15 April 2007

Quirks

A little while ago TWM referenced (and a long while ago responded to) a short meme asking what he didn't like that most people did. I thought it an interesting topic of conversation and brought it up at work, where it has now become a common non-sequiter to mention an example as it pops into our heads. Here, for prosperity's sake, are a few of my own.

1. Cheese - I can't stand it. To the point where it makes me physically ill. It could be an allergy or it could just be years of loathing that have conditioned a physical response.
2. Shrek - yeah, it just wasn't that great. For me. I didn't laugh, I didn't cry... I just yawned a bit.
3. Bob Marley - his music simply irritates me. It drains my patience.
4. Doughnuts - it's something about the texture.
5. Lying on the beach - it's boring and I always always always end up sunburned.


And to add a category: things I love that other people don't seem to:

1. Neck ties - I think they look distinguished and polished. If girls didn't looks like want-to-be punk rockers in them, I would wear one with my suit.
2. Oxfords - Men have an abundance of choices for this shoe, but what happened to the women's oxford?
3. English food - scones, custard, treacle tart, bangers and mash, fish and chips, cottage pie... what's not to love?


Oh, and pet peeves is a good one too (now I'm just getting carried away):

1. Using the "is" with a plural noun (even if you pronounce it as a contraction, "there's", it's still wrong).
2. Riding the elevator down one floor (um, stairs?).
3. Answering your cell phone in the middle of a conversation with someone who is physically sitting with you.

No comments: